Hi and welcome to today’s post: “5 Simple Tips To Energise Your Day”.
The past week has been a busy one for me. The main reason being that last week I spent three days at a business retreat (hosted by the lovely Janet Beckers) in gorgeous Terrigal on the Central Coast of NSW. My beautiful family were there too, but they spent the time lapping up the beach and local area.
One of the things that the group talked about was how we maintain our energy levels. Implementing routines to support your energy is really important for keeping yourself healthy, getting the most out of your day and making progress on your goals.
Here’s 5 great tips that were shared which you can easily apply:
- Health before wealth. This tip is about having a routine which supports your health and wellbeing at the beginning of the day. Then, after you’ve looked after yourself (remember when you fly they always say if to put your own face mask on first, before helping others), moving on to activities which focus on wealth building.
- Creative work before busy work. This tip is about doing your creative work when you’re at your freshest, and when you’re not bogged down with a lot of left brain/logical thinking. For example doing creative work before 12 pm and busy work after 12 pm.
- Breathing to inflate the lungs fully. This is about starting the day with your lungs fully expanded with oxygen. Most people don’t fully inflate the lungs properly, and stress reduces proper breathing too. Take a few minutes to breath – first into the lower abdomen, then into the middle part of the abdomen and then into the upper abdomen. Then, breath out releasing each part of the abdomen.
- Batching activities. This tip is about grouping the same activities together. That way you can build up your focus, flow and productivity. For example, making phone calls for an event or writing letters.
- Creating focus days. This tip can also assist you in streamline your focus, energy, and actions. Its about grouping together a variety of activities which are centred around a specific theme. For example allocating clients sessions on Tuesdays and finance to Fridays
Any of these 5 tips could assist to energise your day. Which one will you add to your routine?
Please share your favourite tip for energising your day by clicking below.