Everyone has difficult and challenging times in their life. How you perceive those times and how you respond can determine many things including the duration and intensity of suffering. And your perception determines what you can gain from the experience.
Confronting Difficult Times
When confronted by difficult times there are two key ways of responding:
- Becoming paralyzed by thoughts of difficulty. This keeps you stuck in the problem, perpetuating the difficulties.
- Looking for the opportunity within the difficulty. This activates your brain to focus on creative problem solving, enabling you to move beyond the difficulties.
How you choose to respond, greatly influences your tendency either to stay stuck, or successfully to move forward in achieving your goals.
Do You Habitually See Opportunities Or Difficulties?
Most people have a habitual way of responding to difficulty. Some people allow themselves to freeze; others act. On what do you tend to focus when confronted with difficulties?
Remember what you focus on expands. You can empower yourself by training yourself to look for the opportunities, and to apply yourself with relevant actions. The more you’re able to do this, the more you will expand your capacity to progress and achieve your goals.
Benefits of Looking For Opportunities
Each new experience brings with it the seed of your success because it encourages you to expand. It enables you to:
- Observe the situation – what’s really going on
- Determine the key issues, priorities and desired outcomes
- Identify learning opportunities for growing knowledge and skills
- Summon qualities and characteristics within to handle the situation
- Consider alternative responses to the current situation
- Act in ways which will enable you to take advantage of opportunities
- Create new experiences which feed you mentally, physically, spiritually, emotionally, financially, in relationships and much more
Challenge can be the doorway to your awakening. Empower yourself by looking for opportunities which will feed your creativity, goals, dreams and aspirations.
Confronting Difficulties Is A Part Of Success
As you pursue your goals, you will be confronted with difficulties. How you handle and respond to those difficulties, will determine how successful you become. Learning to respond to difficulties shapes your character and your journey. It builds your strength, resilience and personal power, all of which are required to successfully break through old results, confront difficulties and achieve your goals.
Empower yourself today by taking at least one action which supports moving your goals forward!
If you’d like some assistance in setting goals, assessing gaps or strengthening your capacity to achieve more of your goals, then I’d love to hear from you to see if we’re a match. Take action today by booking a time to chat, or check out my services at the Health Pursuit website.