Today video clip contains Captain Gerald Coffee, who became a prisoner of war in North Vietnam in 1966 after being captured on a reconnaissance mission. For seven years he was a POW in communist prisons of North Vietnam. He is now inspires audiences worldwide with a message of hope, faith, and the invincibility of the human spirit with his “Beyond Survival” message.
While not many of us know what it’s like to be a prisoner of war, we do know what it is like to overcome personal tragedies. Each of us experiencing it with different people, different circumstances, and at different times in our life. It could relate to family, health, work, finances and any other area of our life. And for some of us, it could be a combination of these things. So we all know the struggle of times when we feel down, hurt, frustrated and scared.
Six Powerful Messages
Here are six powerful messages on survival from this video:
- Have faith in yourself, on one another, your country and God.
- Believe that you have the ability to copy with change, and the capacity to build upon the hard times and embrace the changes.
- Quit saying “Why me”, and start saying “Show me what I’m supposed to do with this. Help me to use this time productively so it isn’t just.
- Recognise that you have emerged from the experience better, tougher and more capable that you would otherwise have been.
- Take the time to stop and be grateful, by looking back over your life and how you got to where you are.
- You can overcome any obstacles and resistance with originality, innovation and creativity
You can draw on the above messages as you continue to work on empowering yourself towards progressing and achieving your goals. Have the courage to face the challenges, and embrace the struggles as opportunities to grow in strength and capability. Keep going until you successfully transform and achieve your goals.
Empower yourself today by taking the next step towards living a life which inspires you.
Are you struggling with overcoming past issues, patterns or results? Then it may be time for a life makeover !! It could be the next step in breaking through to achieving the goals and the life you desire. Take our 3 minute quiz to see whether you should undertake a Life Makeover and where to get started. To find out more Book a time to chat.