We all know that goal success does not come easy, especially if it’s a big goal. It takes more than just writing out a clear goal on a piece of paper. Instead, we have to work our way towards our goals. Along the way, there are a variety of things that block and hinder success. Today’s blog outlines three blockages that can sabotage success and five powerful ways I’ve found to overcome them.
How many times do you find yourself asking? “Why did I do that?” or Why did I say that?” You know you should have shown up for that job interview; it was your dream job, the job that you have been looking forward to for some time. Or you should have put your foot down and said no to that slice of chocolate cake as you were on a low-carb diet, but you didn’t. You know and are aware of what you should have done, but you didn’t do it and defied all logic and reason. But for some reason, you end up sabotaging yourself and doing the opposite. Why?
Self-sabotage is the process of going out of your way to prevent yourself from achieving your desired goal due to fear, lack of self-confidence,
and a negative self-image. It involves a mixture of negative thoughts, feelings, and actions that create a block to success by struggling against your own interests.
Blocks That Sabotage Success
There are a number of blocks that can sabotage success and undermine your ability to achieve your goals. One of those can be not even writing your goal down in the first place (Click Here to download a free resource to get your started).
Here are another 3 blockages that jeopardize your goal success:
- Victim mentality: people get blocked or trapped in what they think. Victims of mentality feel disempowered and sabotage success by believing they don’t have a choice and that they don’t have the power to change things. They use phrases like “I can’t”, I don’t know” and “I have no choice.”
- Stress and anxiety: another way individuals can block or sabotage success is by not being strategic. They feel overwhelmed trying to do everything and get stuck in letting go of high-priority things. Their brain goes into a “fight or flight” response and they fight harder or run away to avoid. It creates a cycle of more stress and unsettledness within.
- History and conditioning: our experiences can be a blockage on their own. The way we grew up, our beliefs, and our history with certain situations can make us assume how results will work out for us. These are stored in the subconscious mind – a part of the mind that does things automatically without thinking. Your conscious mind may not be aware of it, but your subconscious influences 90% of how we operate, dictating our thoughts, feelings, actions and also results.
Each of these blocks sabotage success and can prevent you from achieving your goals. They confine people to their comfort zone, blocking their ability to discover more potential and sabotaging success with their goal.
Learn more by watching or listening to my live interview
You can learn more about this topic by listening to my live interview on this topic, “3 Blocks That Sabotage Your Success And What To Do About It”.
Click on the link below to see the video or audio or pdf, whichever suits you best.
For those who prefer audio, here’s the link: Audio
For those who prefer to read the transcript, here’s the link: Transcript pdf
Overcoming Blocks Which Sabotage Success
At these times, it may seem easy to give up but don’t self-sabotage! Instead, invest your efforts in understanding and overcoming these blockages, so you can achieve goal success.
The first step is to get really clear on what you’re doing and to write your goals down. Click Here to download a free resource to help you get started.
5 Powerful Elements To Overcome Blocks
Here are 5 powerful elements which I use when guiding clients to overcome their blockages and achieve their goals:
- Direction: this step is about being really clear on what your goals and vision are and then planning how to move forward. You need to know the destination you’re heading towards before you head off on a journey.
- Inspiration: this part is about connecting with what gets you going. It’s that spring in your step which compels you. It’s also the thing that motivates you to move beyond any blocks on your journey to achieving your goal.
- Education: to accomplish any goal, you have to gain new knowledge. Progress requires you to move past old paradigms, habits and strategies, otherwise, you’ll continue to get the same old results. Education helps you to gain insights, foundations and frameworks of understanding for moving beyond success blocks.
- Integration: once you gain new understanding, you have to apply it and make those ideas real. Moving from your present position to where you intend to be requires you to make an internal shift. You then have to align your mind and body with (new) goal-supportive habits. A lack of integration blocks success.
- Implementation: all the above steps can’t get you to your desired position if this step is left out. Taking action is the backbone of these elements, making all four other steps feasible. Just thinking about your goals will not make them a reality, nor will just sitting there. Goal achievement necessitates implementation.
Real Life Examples
Here are a couple of real examples of my clients who have overcome their blockages to achieve goal success:
- One client was really stuck and emotional after she’d split with her husband after he admitted to an affair. VT was lost, suffering panic attacks and unable to work, which really affected her self-esteem. By helping her to identify and overcome her blocks, VT was able to create an inspired life that she was implementing, gain full-time employment earning more money than previously and got back together with her husband.
- Another client, who was a Massage Therapist, came to me feeling overwhelmed, frustrated and blocked in her life and her business. JP was employed with someone else’s business and working part-time for herself. By assisting her to uncover her blocks, JP was able to gain a greater sense of purpose, increased clarity of direction, and greater income – through her own full-time business.
More Tips You Can Implement Today
To gain extra tips and some simple exercises you can implement today, watch or listen to my live interview on this topic, “3 Blocks That Sabotage Your Success And What To Do About It”.
Your Biggest Success Block
I’m sure you have an important goal or two that you are working on. So what is your biggest block to achieving your big goal? And what are you doing to move through it?
Remember – “If it’s to be, then it’s up to me”
Please share your thoughts on today’s blog topic below.
PS: I’m really passionate about helping people to achieve new levels of empowerment and achieve important goals, especially those that move them outside their comfort zone. So, if this sounds like you and you’d like someone who has a proven track record of results, then let’s talk.
To make a time to hop on the phone to see if we are a good match, click here.