The U.S. senator and onetime prisoner of war John McCain defined courage as a brief, singular occurrence: “that rare moment of unity between conscience, fear, and action, when something deep within us strikes the flint of love, of honor, of duty, to make the spark that fires our resolve.”
I both agree and disagree with this statement.
Courage Moves You
The part I agree with, is that courage is a moment of unity between conscience, fear and action … that fires our resolve”. It’s a moment where you choose [Read more…]
Once you have reviewed where you are now and written our your goals. The next step is to create and write a Strategic Plan of how you’re going to get there. This is essential whether your planning your own life, or whether you are planning another aspect of your life such as your business or finances.
What is Strategic Planning?
Strategic Planning is a process of decision making, which looks at future direction and how to achieve successful outcomes. With the desired end in mind, you then work backwards through each key stage of what’s required and how you’re going to get there, up to where you are now.
Some elements of the Strategic Planning process may be continuous, while others may be smaller parts or projects which have specific start and finishing dates within the bigger strategic plan.
5 Reasons Why Strategic Planning Is Important For Achieving Your Goals
There are lots of reasons why strategic planning is important for life planning and business planning! Here are five reasons why it’s significant part of achieving your goals.
The Strategic Planning process:
- Is a Process of defining direction – it gets you visioning and thinking about where you want to be.
- Defines goal setting – it gets you to define and refine the specific outcomes you are looking to achieve.
- Identifies actions required achieving goals – it gets you considering the key steps and actions required to progress your goals.
- Clarifies resources required to execute actions – it gets you looking at the resources you currently have and those you will have to seek out in order to implement your plan.
- Guides implementation of strategy for goal getting – it gives you a solid plan for taking action, measuring progress and seeing where you may need to make adjustments to achieve your desired goals.
Strategic Planning is an important part of progressing and achieving your life and business goals. So, once you have written your goals using my SMARTIES formula, complete the Strategic Planning step.
Empower yourself today by taking at least one step today that will assist in progressing your goals!
If you feel stuck, uncertain or overwhelmed about setting, planning or implementing goals that you’d really love to achieve, or just want some guidance, then I’d love to assist you. Take action today by contacting me to have a FREE initial discussion.
“Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end.”
– Jim Rohn