“A good plan is like a road map: it shows the final destination and usually the best way to get there.”
– H. Stanely Judd
Once you have reviewed where you are now and written our your goals. The next step is to create and write a Strategic Plan of how you’re going to get there. This is essential whether your planning your own life, or whether you are planning another aspect of your life such as your business or finances.
What is Strategic Planning?
Strategic Planning is a process of decision making, which looks at future direction and how to achieve successful outcomes. With the desired end in mind, you then work backwards through each key stage of what’s required and how you’re going to get there, up to where you are now.
Some elements of the Strategic Planning process may be continuous, while others may be smaller parts or projects which have specific start and finishing dates within the bigger strategic plan.
5 Reasons Why Strategic Planning Is Important For Achieving Your Goals
There are lots of reasons why strategic planning is important for life planning and business planning! Here are five reasons why it’s significant part of achieving your goals.
The Strategic Planning process:
- Is a Process of defining direction – it gets you visioning and thinking about where you want to be.
- Defines goal setting – it gets you to define and refine the specific outcomes you are looking to achieve.
- Identifies actions required achieving goals – it gets you considering the key steps and actions required to progress your goals.
- Clarifies resources required to execute actions – it gets you looking at the resources you currently have and those you will have to seek out in order to implement your plan.
- Guides implementation of strategy for goal getting – it gives you a solid plan for taking action, measuring progress and seeing where you may need to make adjustments to achieve your desired goals.
Strategic Planning is an important part of progressing and achieving your life and business goals. So, once you have written your goals using my SMARTIES formula, complete the Strategic Planning step.
Empower yourself today by taking at least one step today that will assist in progressing your goals!
If you feel stuck, uncertain or overwhelmed about setting, planning or implementing goals that you’d really love to achieve, or just want some guidance, then I’d love to assist you. Take action today by contacting me to have a FREE initial discussion.
“Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end.”
– Jim Rohn
Have you written your goals for 2015? If now now is a great time to get started. Setting healthy goals is as easy as 1, 2, 3! Read on for 3 easy ways to get started on writing and setting your goals for 2015, is a way which healthy.
- Where are you now? The first step is to review and where you are in your life now. Consider the health of your life in each of the key Wheel of Life areas: physical health, relationship health, financial health, job/business health, spiritual health, rest/recovery/rejuvenation health, community contribution health and personal development health.
- Where do you want to go? The second step is to evaluate your life results and to identify your goals and priorities priorities for the future. Again, work through each of the 8 key Wheel of Life areas.
- How will you get there? The third step is to write an action plan with strategies which will support you in achieving your goals. Make sure that your plan is in line with your values and ethics, and is ecological and sustainable for you. Otherwise you’ll give up when the going gets a little rough!
Of course, once you’ve written your plan, you need to take action. So, make sure you get started on at least one step today that will get your started and progressing your goals!
If you feel stuck, uncertain or overwhelmed about doing it on your own, or want some guidance with creating your goals, then I’d love to assist you. Take the next step today by contacting me to have a FREE initial discussion.